The toughest part was figuring out how to alter the areas that needed to be adjusted. I searched on the Internet and through all of the books and magazines that I have and found my answer with Sandra Betzina's book Fast Fit - Easy Pattern Alterations for Every Figure. (BTW, this is a great must-have reference for anyone interested in garment sewing) Believe me when I say I should have looked at this book first. Since I have so many books and really haven't been sewing the last couple of years, I didn't mind doing all this research and I really needed this primer on the basics and garment sewing lingo. From now on, this will be the first book I consult when I need to alter a pattern.
Anyway, here are some photos of my muslin. I chose to do option C for Vogue pattern 8648.
All in all I am very happy with the results. (Please don't pay attention all those wrinkles you see.) I had to adjust the bust for a lower bust and I made the seamlines for this smoother so that there was no point at the bust. I also had to let out the sleeves a bit and will need to adjust the armhole, but this seems pretty minor as I was really worried about the bust area more.
Thanks for stopping by. I am off for now and one step closer to starting my actual dress! Until next time . . . Happy Sewing!