Saturday, June 30, 2012

Hello and . . .

. . .Welcome!

I'm starting this new blog to highlight all the fun and beautiful arts and craft items I make.  There has been many times that my husband would ask me where I got an item from.  My reply is usually a perplexed look at him and a "I got most of the parts from Michaels, of course, and put it together myself"  Then his reply to me is usually something like, "I thought you bought that ready made.  Looks like something I could find on a store shelf."

His reply makes me smile alot and encourages me to then go out and make something else!  Well . . . enough bragging about me and tooting my own horn.

I will also be including some of the many photographs that I take of my garden throughout the seasons.  The bulbs of Spring with their bright, cheery promise . . . the fragrant flowers and savory herbs that I grow in the Summer . . . the beautiful mums and brilliant colors that only Autumn can create as well and the interesting things I find in the dead of Winter with its freezing cold and piles of snow.  These are all the wonderful discoveries and sights I look forward to finding throughout the year in my garden.  And just this year, I decided to try growing a few select vegetables in containers so I hope to show off the "fruits of my labor" so to speak in that pursuit as well!

Finally, I hope to post some recipes of all those yummy appetizers and goodies that I cook up and bake in the kitchen.  I've recently been reading up about preserving and canning and will have the results of my first experience with that to show you as well!

My wish is that you find something here that is useful and enjoyable as well as inspiring!  Won't you join me?  Thanks for stopping by and please check back again with me here real soon!

Until next time,

~Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment