Saturday, June 30, 2012

My 1st Attempt at Preserving

This is one thing that I've always wanted to try and . . . I finally did!  I saw a beginner kit at my local grocery store that included 3 jars, a plastic rack and instruction booklet where they gave you about 10 different recipes to try.  Since it was only $10 and was something that I could process in one of my own stockpots, I figured I had nothing to lose.  I chose Apple Butter as my first recipe and now I'm hooked!  It's delicous!  Now my mind is reeling with all kinds of things that I want to can and preserve.


I was so tickled at the way this turned out.  I decorated the jars with labels and tags that I created in Photoshop Elements. 


I even found a small spot on the side of the jar for listing the ingredients and expiration date.



I think it turned out adorable!  With my first attempt at preserving complete, I'm ready to try something else.  Since the boys really like their Salsa, I think that's what I'll try next!

Thanks for stopping by!

~Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment